There are several good reasons to sell your home this fall. Normally people think the spring market is the best time to sell a home. Spring market is a busy time in real estate, but it also means more homes for sale, which means more competition. This fall, the real estate market is the perfect set up for sellers who want to sell, and maybe even move up to a larger, more expensive home.
- It is a seller’s market in real estate. A seller’s market is when there is less than a six month supply of homes on the market. Housing inventory is at record low levels and has been for some time now. Buyers can’t be as picky, and you won’t have a lot of competition with other homes that are for sale. The shortage of homes for sale also makes multiple offers quite common.
- Buyers are out in full force looking for homes. Since it has been a seller’s market for quite a while, the pool of buyers is large, even this fall. With the lack of inventory, homes priced correctly are flying off the shelves. Your Realtor will help you determine the right price for your home.
- Interest rates are still extremely low making homes more affordable for buyers. One of the biggest incentives in real estate for people to buy homes is a low interest rate. Low rates allow buyers to get more home for less money.
- Now is an amazing time to move up. Larger more expensive homes are not in high demand making it a buyer’s market. Selling your current home for a good price and purchasing your larger dream home at a lower price with low interest rates makes it a great deal!
- The fall market is and always has been a market for more serious home buyers and sellers. Realtors are not quite as busy as in other times of the year. They are more readily available to show homes to buyers and to spend more time with sellers getting homes ready to go on the market.
There are several good reasons to sell your home this fall. No one knows for sure where home prices and inventory are headed, or if interest rates will stay. If you are thinking of selling, now is a great time to do so.